One of my readers asks: I was wondering if Celery Seed Extract and Anti-ACE Peptides are good for lowering High Blood pressure?
Celery is a member of the parsley family of plants and is known for its many health benefits. This plant is most common in India and France, but can be seen in many parts of the world. Celery seed is obtained by drying the fruit, and is known for its own set of health benefits. The seeds are, in fact, touted to have less calories and high nutrition value. They also have medicinal properties. Celery seed is available as fresh, dried, tablets, capsules, oils and extract.
Celery Seed Extract Health Benefits
- Celery seed is known for its most important benefit, which is its cancer-fighting ability. It contains active components that are helpful in fighting cancerous tumours.
- The second most important benefit of celery seed extract is its ability to manage blood pressure levels. Consuming celery seeds everyday can help regulate good blood pressure levels.
- It provides protection to the liver by reversing the effects of acetaminophen.
- It helps reduce cholesterol level and improves circulatory system problems.
- Celery seeds contain several nutrients such as flavonois, linoleic acid, courmarins, and other essential oils.
- Celery seed extract is also found to have an anti-inflammatory agent that helps treat pain and joint inflammations, as well as inflammation related ailments such as gout, rheumatism, and arthritis.
- Celery seeds are natural diuretics, this makes them extremely useful in keeping the urinary system health.